Sunday Fun Multirotor Racing 03-20-2016 Public Event
Mar 20, 2016
@ 1:00:00 PM UTC
Sunday Fun Multirotor Racing 03-20-2016
Sunday Fun Multirotor Racing - 03-20-2016
*Come early to fun fly. Someone aways shows up early
1:00pm = Setup and fun fly
2:00pm to 3:00pm = Racing practice
About 3:00pm to Complete = (Racing starts after 3pm until finish with fun fly after until dark.)
Fun Fly after races until dark
- (Bakersfield Parks close at 10pm)
- (No Transponder required to Fun Fly, Free Fly & for Race Practice)
All events can be canceled at any time without Notice.
(Feel free to show early as someone always starts fun flying at about 10am - 11am)
Sunday Fun Multirotor fun flying, racing practice & racing
Backup Location will be stated in facebook if park is unavalable: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BakersfieldMultirotor/ (Join Today and Join the Facebook Event)
All multirotors are welcome...
Please read before Going to this meetup / event: http://bakersfieldmultirotor.com/racing.htm
Buy your Transponder today at: http://bakersfieldmultirotor.com/shop.htm
Will be racing the BMR Slalom Track
Location of Park (<--- Map)
100225 Brimhall Rd., Bakersfield, CA 93312
* Fly only in designated areas.
* Fly only at appropriate times.
* Keep your multirotor at least (30) feet away from the pilot area. Flying any closer can cause your video transmitter to interfere with other pilot’s reception. No flying behide the pits.
* When finishing a race, land ON the course (at least 30 feet away from the pilot area)
* When flying on the course, you must be positioned within the designated Pilot Area. DO NOT fly from any other area.
* Only power up your multirotor / video transmitter while in the Start/Finish area on the course. DO NOT power up in the pits or while walking from the pits to the course. Let others know by yelling you are powering up.
* If you need to check your video channel or change frequency, this MUST be completed between heats and no one is flying. You MUST also ensure you have the appropriate Frequency Card for the frequency you wish to check.
* If you are flying before or after the event you MUST ensure you have the appropriate Frequency Card for the frequency you are using and/or buddy system.
* You MUST ensure you have a Spotter in the Pilot Area while flying. A Spotter observes the course for dangers such as members of public, animals, other model fliers, low flying aircraft or vehicles. Spotters stand in the Pilot Area to ensure clear communication.
* You should help with spotting for the heat before yours.
SPECTATORS & PIT CREW:
The event is fun to watch and discuss. However, please stay away from the pilots within the Pilot Area while they are flying (unless you are acting as a spotter).Clear communication is essential with the pilots for accurate lap scoring, penalties and hazard warnings.
Pilots RacingLeaderboard »
220mm to 249mm Quadcopter (4 cell)