2018 RIOT MultiGP International Open
2018 RIOT MultiGP International Open
August 8 - August 12Free - $155
Second annual, largest gathering of FPV pilots in the world. 8 courses run simultaneous meaning up to 64 pilots in the air at one time. FPV flying and racing for all skill levels and all disciplines. The world’s best pilots will compete in the world cup, Spec racing will be the where the skill of the pilot is the only variable. Freestyle with celebrity pilots. The debut of X Class / Monster drone racing. FPV wing racing, Track dedicated to beginners with opportunities to fly and learn from others. Team racing where flying is only part of the competition.
Participating Pilot Requirements:
- Ground Stations: Will be available but not required. To use the ground stations, pilots must have goggles or monitor that can accept an external source input.
- Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) Membership: We will be requiring a valid current AMA membership for all pilots who wish to fly at any of our organized public racing events. Register HERE. Pilots should input their AMA credentials into their MultiGP account.
- 40 Channel vTX: We require 40 channel compliant vTX’s for our event. You must have 25mw. Please come prepared to change your vTX and/or the channel/band and/or the power of your vTX as needed for each race.
- Antennas: All pilots are required to have both RHCP & LHCP Antenna.
- All pilots must have a completed MultiGP profile including headshot and bio.
- World Cup – Double Elimination – Top 64 advance. Each participating country guaranteed a spot.
- World Cup Track #2 – Double the amount of track time.
- Team Racing – Teams of up to 8 compete head to head in a 100 lap race.
- Spec Racing – Double Elimination of the top 32 flying MultiGP Spec Quads.
- Rookie Racing – All Day Open flying and racing.
- Wing Racing – FPVWRA Spec Racing and Open Class Racing
- Freestyle – Activities going all day long including celebrity freestyle sessions and Kwad Camp
- LED – Night Course powered by FPV Lightrax
Plus more formats/tracks/events to be announced soon!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What’s an Early Bird Ticket?
The early bird ticket is a discounted ticket available until June 1st and it includes the 4 days at the event and access to all the tracks. The regular price for the pilot tickets will be $155 per pilot.
- What do I get with a 1 Day Pass Pilot Ticket?
You will have access to all the tracks and events for 1 full day.
- How many days does the spectator ticket include?
With a spectator ticket you will have access to all areas and 4 days of the event.
Camping Information for International Aeromodeling Center:
AMA provides camping for the following:
Primitive Camping – No electricity or water $5 per night for AMA members $10 for non-members.
RV/Motorhome – No electricity or water $5 for AMA members $10 for non-members per night.
RV/Motorhome – With electric hookup $17 per night for AMA members $25 for non-members (total number of electric hookup sites 39) stay six nights and seventh night is free We do have six full-service spots (two are on reserve) cost $20 per night for AMA members $35 for non-members stay six nights and seventh night is free.
An RV dump station is available on site.
All campers must register with AMA. Register during normal business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday; Museum Store 10 a.m.-4 p.m. weekends, closed Sundays Thanksgiving through Easter) at the Administration Building or the Museum Store. Campers who use electricity and stay longer than 6 nights will receive 7 night for free.
Dogs must be on a leash at all times. You are also required to clean up areas that your pet use.
Due to Indiana State Board of Health requirements, all campers (primitive & RV) MUST register at one of the above-mentioned locations. If someone arrives after hours, he/she should register first thing the next business day.
This will be monitored closely!
For any other camping details please contact AMA at (800) 435-9262
If you need a golf cart please reach out to the following company to secure one:
P & P Golf Cars LLC
Address: 9788 N Mann Rd, Mooresville, IN 46158
Hours: Open today · 8AM–5PM
Phone: (317) 831-4283
International Open Site LocationAcademy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) Headquarters
5161 E Memorial Dr, Muncie, IN 47302