Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Drone Pilot Registration:
You must have a valid current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Pilot Registration Number affixed to your airframe if your aircraft is more than .55 lbs as defined in the FAA Drone Pilot Registration requirements. Review Requirements & Register HERE
Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) Membership: We will be requiring a valid current AMA membership for all pilots who wish to fly at any of our organized public racing events. Register HERE.
40 Channel vTX/Antennas: We require 40 channel compliant vTX’s for our races. You must have 25mw and/or 200mw capabilities. Please come prepared to change your vTX and/or the channel/band and/or the power of your vTX as needed for each race. We also recommend having both RHCP & LHCP Antenna.
Group rate these two are close to the track, or you may want to stay on Bourbon Street (38 minutes) from the track. Mention the Mayhem Team race for the group discount. Candlewood Suites Avondale-New Orleans $99 single or double 3079 Highway 90, Avondale, LA 70094 (504) 875-3500 Suburban Extended Stay Hotel – $69 single or double 3051 US-90, Avondale, LA 70094 (504) 324-4900
- Tech Inspection: Friday, April 5th, 2pm-6pm
- Team Race: Saturday April 6th from 6:30am-6:30pm
- Individual Racing: Sunday, April 7th from 9am-4pm
- Saturday Team Racing – Most laps in 12 hours
- Sunday Individual Racing – Qualifying. Best 3 consecutive Laps seating to Top 16 – Double Elimination Mains.