StemFEST Thunder over the Rock 2018
- This event has passed.
StemFEST Thunder over the Rock 2018
October 26, 2018 - October 28, 2018$25
Race on an active US Airforce Base
Little Rock Air Force Base will be hosting the Thunder Over the Rock Air Show + STEM Fest on October 27 + 28, 2018. The Air Show will be headlined by the USAF Thunderbirds demonstration team. Premier air acts along with static displays will be sure to thrill everyone during this two-day event, which is free and open to the public! In addition to aircraft, attendees can expect a STEM festival (starting on October 26) with interactive science, technology, engineering and math activities for all ages. The STEM Fest will take place in the large Hangar adjacent to the Air Show. The Air Show + STEM Fest will draw crowds of over 100K people each day, making it the largest two-day event in Arkansas.
The Air Force recognizes there is a critical need for STEM talent for future technology and innovation efforts within our nation’s STEM workforce. A diversified STEM talent pool will establish the pace of technology advancements and enable the Air Force to avoid technological surprises. A transformational STEM workforce will also direct the path of technological dominance and sustain a combat edge for our armed services.
Check out some of the organizations that will be featuring exhibits at the event!
- Arkansas Space Grant Consortium (NASA)
- Arkansas Geological Survey
- Arkansas STEM Coalition
- Civil Air Patrol Aerospace Education
- DreamBIG A-7 Cockpit Experience
- Entergy Arkansas
- LISA Academy – Solar Car Program
- Little Rock Zoo
- Mid-American Museum
- MORE Technologies
- MultiGP Drone Racing League
- Museum of Discovery
- NASA Marshall Flight Center
- National Weather Service
- Nucor Steel Arkansas
- Rolls Royce Company
*Subject to change. More exhibitors are constantly being added*
AERIAL ACTS ARE SET TO BEGIN AT 11:25 AM
- USAFA Glider Demonstration (Pre-show performance)
- U.S. Air Force Academy Wings of Blue Parachute Jump Team with the Twin Tigers
- T-33 Ace Maker
- Tora! Tora! Tora!
- WW2 Heritage and Dogfight
- CSAR Air Assault
- Lucas Oil Shockwave Jet Truck
- C-130 Capability Demo
- R/C Aircraft Formation
- U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Jump Team
- Bulldog Fight
- C-130 Capability Recovery
- Twin Tigers
- C-130 J Demo
- Heritage Flight
- U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds
Additional Details And Participating Pilot Requirements:
Ground Stations: We will provide ground stations, so you need to be ready to plug and play with your goggles.
Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) Membership: We will be requiring a valid current AMA membership for all pilots who wish to fly at any of our organized public racing events. Register or Renew Here.
40 Channel vTX/Antennas: We require 40 channel compliant vTX’s for our races. You must have 25mw capabilities. Please come prepared to change your vTX and/or the channel/band and/or the power of your vTX as needed for each race. We also recommend having both RHCP & LHCP Antenna.
- Friday October 26th – Students visit – Practice – Gate opens at 7am – practice and demos start at 9am to 4pm
- Saturday October 27th – Drone Race Expo practice from 9 am to 11:30 am – Qualifying 12:30 to 4:30pm
- Sunday October 28th – Drone Race Qualifying from 9 am to 12:30pm – finals 1:30 pm
All pilots / volunteers or people coming with you must fill out this security clearance form in order to enter the Airforce Base:
Only non-gps quads are allowed on base. Also make sure to put the exact number of quads your bringing on this form. If you do not fill out this form you can not get on the base to race / volunteer.
All pilots must also RSVP below.
- October 26, 2018
- October 28, 2018
- Event Category:
- MultiGP Sanctioned Events
August 11 - August 15