New this year, the Velocidrone Street League Spec track brings the excitement of Street League racing to IO!
The track was designed by Colby “SFPV” Curtola and an official track on Velocidrone, IO 2023 Velocidrone Track by SFPV.
When there are no events scheduled on this track it is open to fly by any Street League quad at the appropriate Street League throttle limit, and Freedom Spec quad or Open Class quad utilizing the RPM limit in the betaflight firmware.
For the proper Street League firmware and spec, please visit https://streetleague.io/. To fly an open class or Freedom Spec Quad, you must have 4.4.X KAACK Betaflight to have the RPM feature. Unrestricted Open Class quads are not permitted to fly on this track
COMPETITIONS ON THIS TRACK
Colby “SFPV” is bringing the famous VRL Velocidrone format out of the matrix and into the International Open! Qualifying starts at 9 AM with a quick spec check and then right into qualifying! Unlike traditional Street League racing you could see 8 up racing on this SFPV designed course! The team race is for all skill levels as the teams will be divided to have pilots of all skills on each team, ROOKIES WELCOME! Basically show up and fly to qualify then we will build teams distributing all skill levels of pilots through all the teams. Then you race against other pilots at your skill level! You can verify your quad is Street League Spec ready all day Wednesday as well as before the race starts! After qualifying each team will have 3 pilots at the track racing for 2 hours, enabling the others to coach or fly other tracks. Then the top teams will compete in the final. Score points for your team based on how you placed in your heat.
- Official Street League Specs per their website, https://streetleague.io/spec/
- Onsite Firmware checkers to verify
- Hours of Qualifying 9-12 Thursday
- Pilots ranked by fastest 3 consecutive
- Team Construction
- Pilots assigned on teams based on qualifying times and finalized by race director
- 12-2 PM Tier 8,7,6 pilots report to the track for heads up racing. All the 8 tier pilots will race a heads up race, followed by 7 and 6. This will repeat for a minimum of 3 heats.
- 2 Pm-4 PM Tier 5,4,3 pilots report to the track for heads up racing. All the 5 tier pilots will race a heads up race, followed by 4 and 3. This will repeat for a minimum of 3 heats.
- 4-6 PM Tier 1,2 pilots report to the track for heads up racing. All the 1 tier pilots will race a heads up race, followed by 2. This will repeat for a minimum of 3 heats.
- Top 3 Teams Race- Each team puts 1 pilot to the line starting with the lowest seed for 1 last heads up race! The best team overall wins.
Freedom Spec returns for the second year at the MultiGP International Open presented by TBS! Five33 again is the presenting sponsor for this race. Similar to last year, all the quads have the same motor and propeller but now a 6s battery is allowed! A quick recap is below of the spec but for full information visit Freedomspec.com.
- 533g Minimum Weight
- Five33 Headsup 2207 1960kv Motors
- HQ R38 Headsup Prop
- 3 or more (non-status) LEDs
- Any 6s Battery
- Any BLHeli32 or AM32 ESC
- Betaflight KAACK (Version 4.4.x KAACK)
- RPM Limit of 18,000 which is “180” set in the firmware
The race will start with each pilot allowed 2-3 attendance packs, and then the bracket will be built and off to heads up racing!
We are done racing yet! Sunday Velocidrone will be hosting another Street League Race, but this time it’s all you! One last chance for you to go head to head on this amazing track and fill you need for Street League Racing. The format will be determined Sunday, so show up at 10am to get some practice in and then start racing!