The 2021 Championship Chase the Ace final round required 5 races to determine the winner of Evan ‘HeadsUp’ Turner. The vast pool of pro pilots will be back again to make their own claim for the 2022 crown.
Stay tuned for details of the upcoming Championship season details
The format will be similar to Pro class creating epic battles among your peers. Stay tuned for more details of the 2022 season.
2022 Season Changes
In conjunction with our Tier 1 chapters we have made a few small changes to the 2022 season:
- 7.8 Tie Breaking Processes If pilots fail to complete the required number of laps, placement will be based on the number of completed obstacles. If the same number of obstacles are completed by 2 or more pilots then the tie is decided in this order:
- Whom ever passed the crashed obstacle first
- If that is ambiguous, then whom ever passed the previous gate to that obstacle
- If that also is ambiguous and not easily determined, then whoever passed the last timing checkpoint is the winner.
- 7.9.2 Chase the Ace Race Format for FinalThe Final 4/8 start with a clean slate, with the winner being the first pilot to earn two Wins (perhaps it is done in 2, but it could go 5/8 races!) If no pilot completes the designated number of laps, then no win or points are awarded and iron man is disengaged.The rest of the podium is decided by their combined finish positions, with the lowest total, (i.e. 1, 2, 3  would beat 2, 2, 3 ), with the tiebreaker being motocross style – meaning the ranking of the last race determining the ranking (i.e. 2, 2, 2  would beat 1, 2, 3 ).
OPTIONAL Ironman Clause: If the TQ wins each of their races through the brackets to the Final 4/8; they will win the event if they win the first race in the Final 4/8.
- 10.4 Global Qualifier Season Length
- Season Length: 12:01am April 1st – 11:59pm July 18th, 2022
- 10.3 Chapter Participation Requirements (removed the requirement to have held 3 races prior)
- Must run LiveTime timing software.
- Must run the current year MultiGP Qualifier Track (a standardized track with 10 chapter size gates, 5 flags, and 1 hurdle).
- Events must be created on MultiGP.com a minimum of 10 days in advance of the race date.
- Tier 1 & Tier 2: May run 2 qualifiers
- Tier 3: May run 1 qualifier
- Pilots: May attend unlimited qualifiers
- If a Tier 3 is promoted mid-season, they may host another Qualifier.
- Two Chapters may host a double-header in one day ( one event per chapter/day)